Friday, January 22, 2010
It's Official, I am Kreativ
I like the internet blog memes that get created and passed from blogger to blogger. I think it's a great way to interact with others in the blogging community and anything that increases visibility and attracts readers is a good thing. The only bad thing is being at the tail end where it becomes difficult to pass it along to someone, as they have already gotten it themselves. So, while I am grateful to be recognized by my peers, the hard part becomes finding other peers to recognize.
I was nominated for a Kreativ Blogger award by my friend Tom Clift of Plus Trailers. When one is nominated, they must perform certain tasks, which I shall attempt to complete now.
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
Thank you Tom. You are a gentleman and a scholar and I tip my hat to your ever gracious reception of any ethnic Australian jokes made at your expense. Well done, sir.
2. Copy the logo and paste it in your blog.
Done and done.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
I think we're getting slightly redundant here, but here's a link to Plus Trailers.
4. Name seven things about you that people might find interesting.
This task in and of itself is interesting because of the way it's worded. Not the part about what other people may find interesting, but the part about NAMING seven things. I follow instructions to the letter, so here goes.
- my military record
- my preferences in women
- my devotion to the Red Sox
- my taste in film, television, humor and again, women
- my workout regimen (running outdoors to film scores)
- my various celebrity meetings, run-ins and photo ops
- my future, with women
5. Nominate seven other bloggers.
Seven is REALLY pushing it and I know I'm not even really going to even get away with eighty percent of these five.
- The Mad Hatter at The Dark of the Matinee, even though he roots for the Jays, he's ok in my book.
- Dylan Fields at Blog Cabins, who has helped me along more than he probably knows, but he's one of those guys who makes me want to blog better.
- Nick Jobe at Random Ramblings of a Demented Doorknob, because even if he hasn't seen a lot of classic films, you shouldn't hold that against him.
- Travis McCollum at The Movie Encyclopedia, because I admire his dogged determination.
- Finally, I got to give props to my boy Phil at Phil's Movie Blog. Write more Phil and join the LAMB!
6. Post links to the blogs you nominated.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs you nominated.
I think I might skate out on this last one.