Monday, June 30, 2008

Announcing Big Mike's Batman Blog-A-Thon!

I was originally going to post this last Monday, but the passing of George Carlin cast a serious pall over my entire week. But, I don't think I'm losing much in letting a week go bye.

If you're like me, you cannot wait for The Dark Knight. I already have my tickets for the midnight premiere in IMAX! It's going to be awesome. I am so amped for it that I wanted to do something with my blog for it. And so, following the success that was the Indiana Jones blog-a-thon at Cerebral Mastication that I enjoyed so much, I have decided to try my hand at running my own blog-a-thon. And I can think of nothing better to experiment with than my hero, Batman.

I will be running a new Batman blog everyday the week that Dark Knight opens, finishing on Friday with a review of Dark Knight that I'm sure I will be writing at four in the morning. That makes the time frame from July 14 to July 18. But, that's not all! I'm opening up the blog-a-thon to any and all bloggers who share a love, a hate or even a disregard for the Caped Crusader. So, whether you want to blog about the comics books, the television series, the movies or anything else concerning the world of Batman, I want you to share it with all of us. Here's how you can participate.

Post your blog and e-mail me the link. I will update my blog with your links when I get them throughout that week. If you don't want to e-mail me the link, you can post a comment with it and I will take care of the rest. And, if you do not have a blog but still want to get in on the fun, send me your piece in Word format and I will post it with proper credit to you.

Please e-mail with any questions and forward this along to anyone you know who is a Batman fan. I'm excited to hear what other people have to write about the the World's Greatest Detective!



4 comments:

Fletch said...

Sounds like a plan. What are the official dates for the event?

Big Mike Mendez said...

Officially, dates are July 14-18, and I have edited the post accordingly.

elgringo said...

I'm in! This is going to be rad!

11 Word Movie Reviews/Son of Double Feature said...

Awesome work! I hope I can join in on the fun.

http://sonofdoublefeature.blogspot.com/2008/07/honorary-fff-batman-beyond-return-of.html