Friday, July 4, 2008

Big Mike's Lil' Update 7/4/08

It's the Fourth of July, Independence Day. So, which movie should be watched today, Independence Day or Born on the Fourth of July? Hmm...

- OK, I know not everybody loves Spaced as much as I do, but there are several events coming up this month if you do. In Los Angeles, there will be a signing at Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash followed by a screening at the Hollywood ArcLight with Edgar, Simon, Jessica and Kev Smith in attendance. Will you be as well?






- Yes, I saw Hancock, yes, a review will be forthcoming and yes, I have a man-crush on Jason Bateman. This is NOT a bromance, just a man-crush.






- Helena Bonham Carter in Terminator 4? This week has no lack of good news for me.


- I was getting ready to get into my fall/winter preview, but most of those films still don't even have one-sheets out yet, like Harry Potter. Oh well, I guess I will put if off for a few weeks.


- I'm not sure which is odder, David Gordon Green directing Pineapple Express or Huey Lewis doing the theme song? Yea, it's David Gordon Green.


- So, if it is generally held that Batman Begins is basically Batman:Year One and The Dark Knight is The Long Halloween, then would it be all bad if the next movie were based on Dark Victory? Could Bale's insistence on not bringing in Robin merely be an attempt to throw us off the trail, akin to Raimi expressing disinterest in Venom? Would a young Robin actually work for Nolan's Batman? Do you think he will shoot the third movie entirely in IMAX? What's your favorite Batman comic? Who writes him better, Kane, Miller or Loeb? Will Nolan bring in Scarlett Johansson to play Selina Kyle or fulfill my wishes/internet rumors and cast Eva Mendes instead? Or does she just play Renee Montoya? Is it possible for Dark Knight to NOT live up to the hype? Does Heath get the Oscar or just a nomination? If everybody is comparing it to Godfather II and Empire Strikes Back, can I be the first to compare it to Aliens? Have you told all your friends about the Batman Blog-A-Thon? If I got a Batman tattoo, would I get the new logo or the classic 1989? If I were Chandler Bing, could I ask anymore questions?














-Oh, and for the first question, I'm going with neither. I just got Control. Hooray for British black and white musical bio docudrama!

2 comments:

Fletch said...

Gotta go 1989 logo, considering I was practically a Bat-freak at the time. I think I bought or was given just about every collectible possible at the time, and I think I still have my "collector" Taco Bell cups. They were schweeet...

Big Mike Mendez said...

I am old school Keaton/Batman all the way, but I am really leaning towards the Dark Knight logo that's all distressed and breaking up. It's REAL schweet.....