Monday, May 26, 2008

Big Mike's Lil' Update 5/26/08

Wow, so much exciting stuff going on, where do I start? Weekend box office first...


-Indiana Jones ends up earning the top spot with about $151 million dollars for its grand opening. I saw it twice this weekend and stand by my review. I did also catch Son of Rambow, which was a far more enjoyable film. Check it out if you get the chance.


- News from Cannes. Che was the only movie I really want to see and it won Best Actor for Benicio Del Toro. I hope this movie gets some kind of release here as so far, nobody has made an offer on it. Of course, it will be difficult to sell, not appeal to mainstream audiences, but fuck them, I have to sit my ass in a theatre for four hours and see this movie!



- Another item from last week that got me totally stoked. Apparently, Christian Bale has signed on as John Connor for THREE Terminator films, thus creating another franchise for himself. I love Bale and think he can do anything but to know he's going to be revitalizing a childhood favorite? Why don't you just tell me Cate Blanchett is going to make three new Alien movies?! Awesomeness.


- Sadly, I just heard that Sydney Pollack has passed away from cancer. He was a terrific actor, important producer and an Oscar winning director. He was 73.




Working on a few new things that I think should drop this week on this blog, in addition to reprinting some of the old stuff and of course, any important updates along the way. Thanks for reading!

No comments: